OLOGY Ballistics Nautiques NZ. X-AIR WAKEBOARDING
wake.co.nz
 Search  | Register  | Profile  | Log in to check your private messages  | Log in  
Bad knees shins and ankles only when landing tantrums....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wake.co.nz Forum Index -> Trick Tips and Instructionals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiski
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Bad knees shins and ankles only when landing tantrums.... Reply with quote

So now i have a problem Crying or Very sad Ive come down on my feet on my last 2 tantrums.The 1st my right knee went sideways so was out for a week really sore when it happened but just bruised.Felt good today after resting it for a week had a set did sum big grabs and 180s into the flats felt good,so i thought it was just a freak injury.So 2nd sett i built up the courage to try another 1 and bang both knees,shins and ankles in extreme pain when landed /Thought i had damaged both knees.So im sitting on ma couch with 2 iced up bung legs wondering what 2 do now? Do i give the tantrum away to save my riding career? Is it a problem with the build of my legs both times i never spotted my landings is it bad technique? Would love some feedback cos im gutted i love this trick that ive just learnt Embarassed

cheers wiski
brad
Back Roll
Back Roll

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have been a day for beatings, i caught a hell of a back edge this morning.

Hope tomorrow goes better, heading to cables in sydney.

silver_bullet
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to do some damage on the tantrum too, now that its dialed its fine, maybe try land on your edge so you can ride out rather that flat on the board
old fella
Ole
Ole

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude I feel your pain, although sounds like you got off lightly.

You're probably not riding to the top of the wake & throwing the trick too early, which means you're not high enough on the other side to spot your landing & are hitting the water too soon, straight legged. You gotta go higher & give yourself more time, or you will do really do some serious damage.

Get someone to video / photo you, then you can see exactly what it is you're doing wrong.
wiski
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ old fella, u hit the nail on the head thats what ive been thinking all day.The problem i now have is i gotta wait for my legs 2 heal a week or 2 (cant even walk 2day) Once healed if i try another the same things gonna happen........so do i wait until after xmas and do sum xmas riding then try again and hope that i can spot my landing otherwise im fuckd for awhile if not longer Confused Man i thoughtt i had this trick then BANG! it kicks me in the arse.
Claus
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ginger is not good.

Last edited by Claus on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
benji
Back Roll
Back Roll

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't listen to Claus, he's a little girl (a girl who can do tantrums, but a girl no less) and he's WRONG!

Give it rest, ride with your family and friends over the break, then hit the wake with a vengance in the new year and throw down that tantrum! Being inverted is where it's at. If it didn't hurt everybody would do it.
silver_bullet
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need a like button for comments like these
benji wrote:
Don't listen to Claus, he's a little girl (a girl who can do tantrums, but a girl no less) and he's WRONG!

Give it rest, ride with your family and friends over the break, then hit the wake with a vengance in the new year and throw down that tantrum! Being inverted is where it's at. If it didn't hurt everybody would do it.
wiski
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benji wrote:

Amen Twisted Evil
Jos
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit bro that's no good.

Sounds like you landed on your toes I've jacked up my shins and ankles that way. TS 180 nose grab attempt. Turned out toe side way OA no grab slam.

Are you feeling the pop? Tried another one yesterday, threw it early and got my eye lids peeled back. On a mission for more weight today.
wiski
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh bro got them pretty much locked but obviously not high enuff cos i havent spotted my landings on the last couple which was like jumping off a roof with my legs straight Confused Owell no pain no gain but ill leave that trick till the new year when the family go back 2 london.Then hopefully start spotting my landings b4 i do real damage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wake.co.nz Forum Index -> Trick Tips and Instructionals All times are GMT + 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: