OLOGY Ballistics Nautiques NZ. X-AIR WAKEBOARDING
wake.co.nz
 Search  | Register  | Profile  | Log in to check your private messages  | Log in  
Wakeskate tips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wake.co.nz Forum Index -> Trick Tips and Instructionals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fresh
Air 180
Air 180

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Wakeskate tips Reply with quote

Howdy everyone, Ive been doing a little bit of wakeskating the past couple of months and was wondering what sorta tricksi should be trying to land, cheers
Doc
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try the 180 Shuv it or a front lip slide to board shuv out
Keep it up
Freestyle Boards
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to a reliable source
one that ride truck loads better than a meagre mortal like myself, first most important is the Ollie, go just out into the flats, hold on with leading hand, push your back foot down on the board whilst lifting front foot, hey first Ollie,

mine still look like that. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Cheers
Bret
pipeking
Back Roll
Back Roll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yea me too, i had my first ride on a sk8 the other nite. MAD FUN!! just have to learn a few trix, and yep i think the ollie will be 1st on the list, then ollie 180s. just like skating on concrete really, i think i'll wait till i get solid ollies an 180s before trying a shuvit or kickflip haha
PaulBags
Air 180
Air 180

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Fresh. Wakeskating is a hell of alot of fun. Definatly look at starting with the ollie just like broomie said,do it just like on a skateboard and you will have no problems.Also try ollie over something for some added flavour. also work on lipslides on the wake as you can add heaps of variations spins into and out, shuvs etc.

When you have a solid ollie down first trick to try would be a BS Shuvit.
Just cut out away from the wake, come off your edge so your boards riding flat. then pop your ollie exactly the same but this time you want to scoop the tail of the board with your backfoot spinning the board clockwise (Back Side) use your front foot as a guide. Once the spins done catch the board with your feet stomp down for your 1st shuvit.

good luck hope this helps, tell us how it goes down

fresh
Air 180
Air 180

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: sweet Reply with quote

thanks for the tips, its been going pretty well, i got the 180's off the wake and ollies pretty sorted, been having fun with surface 360s and working on handle passin and stuff, ima try the shuvit next time i get out

cheers
photo-of-the-kgb-crew
Air 180
Air 180

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shuvit for sure, then move to big spins and kickflips. If you can ollie comfortably and with a bit of pop theres no reason you can't be learning kickflips and shuv its etc.

Biggest thing to remember with shuvits and kickflips is to keep the boat under you. When kickflipping it's easier to flip it when your ollie is up nice and high but looks a bit mob...for a truly steezy kflip you gotta kick it like a ninja which takes practice but looks deadly when you can. Takes a lot of pop in the flats to do the flip tricks.

keep an eye out for some wicked wakeskating on www.livingthedreamtour.com - Jono Boysen, James Balzer, Aaron Rathy and Kevin Henshaw regularly kill anything and everything in their path with wakeskates. Back lip big spin out!!! Best trick section on wakestock.com 's wakeskate section from last year for a deadly show of wakeskating from Rathy as well. Straight gangster.

Switch tricks are dope too, half cab wake to wake is a killer trick. Hard as but killer!

Kevin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
photo-of-the-kgb-crew
Air 180
Air 180

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photos

kgb what.jpg
Click here to download the full-size version
(496.41 KB)
Viewed: 680 Time(s)    

c-rail2.jpg
(392.64 KB)
Viewed: 669 Time(s)    

jono flip 1 copy.jpg
(381.95 KB)
Viewed: 711 Time(s)    

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wake.co.nz Forum Index -> Trick Tips and Instructionals All times are GMT + 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: