OLOGY Ballistics Nautiques NZ. X-AIR WAKEBOARDING
wake.co.nz
 Search  | Register  | Profile  | Log in to check your private messages  | Log in  
raylee or tantrum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wake.co.nz Forum Index -> Trick Tips and Instructionals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wake1
Ole
Ole

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: raylee or tantrum? Reply with quote

well i am planning to infilct some more new pain on my self this season by trying to land some new tricks. i have tried 10 or so bad attempts at tantrums and know i have a way to go before get them down but i would love to learn to do a raylee.

" it looks so easy to do"....... but i know that it cant be that easy.

I read that new thread on trying it with wakeskate and that seem a good idea to avoid a lot of pain

what do you guys who can do raylee's think are they really hard to learn or do they just take "Big Balls" , should i just stick with learning the tantrum, or give them a try

also what are some good building blocks to work up to doing a good raylee

cheers guys antony
charlotte
Ole
Ole

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um, i'm sure wakecoach, brad and andrea can give you some much better advice.... but having had a crack a both last season i'm going to throw my two cents in...

firstly, what other tricks can you do? any other inverts?

the cut for a raily and a trantrum are completely the opposite...

the raily relies on a good smooth progressive cut, and if you screw it up you get slammed, hard... so if you're going to try one, practice your cut, maybe learn a back roll first... DO bounce on the tramp and try and get your legs out behind you, DO try the wakeskate first BUT trust me this still hurts like a B**TARD if you screw that up bad, DO wear an extra vest or two, DO ride a boat with a big wake and tower.... contemplate kiteboarding and learning one off the waves, at least kiting you can get out of jail free and tweat the kite up...

the trantrum, is a trip flip, you trip up off the wake, you dont need a perfect progressive cut, keep practising back flips on the tramp, you will get it in the end... and the crashes are really nothing...

Buy yourself a copy of THE BOOK and the Chick Flick, these DVDs are great for learning and understanding tricks!!!! Oh and then, go get some coaching, it makes the wolrld of difference!!!

PS all new ticks wakeboarding take "big balls"

wake1
Ole
Ole

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for the imput, i will keep trying to master that progressive cut into the wake

i cannot land any other inverts (flips or rolls). i am looking at my first inverts this season that is why i was attempting the tantrum i was told is one of the easier inverts to learn. Would i be better to try a back roll? i can flip and back flip on tramps ok maybe this is a better start point

cheers antony
brad
Back Roll
Back Roll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried tantrums and got smoked and gave up pretty quick on inverts and went back to the basics... First invert i landed was a scarecrow, then a back role then a tantrum..

Seriously every ones going to tell you something different, go out and try a tantrum and a back role and see how you go then go try which ever one you find easyer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wake.co.nz Forum Index -> Trick Tips and Instructionals All times are GMT + 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: