OLOGY Ballistics Nautiques NZ. X-AIR WAKEBOARDING
wake.co.nz
 Search  | Register  | Profile  | Log in to check your private messages  | Log in  
Importing a boat
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andeman
Ole
Ole

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Importing a boat Reply with quote

who is the best out fit to deal with, for importing Ski Nautique 2001 or maybe a prostar 190.

Cheers

Andy
Jamie
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite a few around at the moment that are pretty good deals locally. Saw one on TM set up with ballast for low 20ks recently (2001 that is).
clicker
Ole
Ole

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talk to glenn at rollos/ nautiques nz he has a few trade ins etc may be the go if he has something or might be able to find you something........
Keith
Back Roll
Back Roll

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also these are very different boats.

SN2001 - primo wake potential.
PS190 - fairly effecient slalom boat so not a great wake (unless you're talking the old stars and stripes type)
khris
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Can def recomend the SN2001, but there is a mint one on trademe that was imported at the same time Ralph and I brought the battleship in. It has an x air tower on it, but if you decide to import one I think adam still has one of those towers left and they were great! and the wake is wicked!!! really liked that boat.

Check out www.usedboats.com and www.onlyinboards.com for getting boats out of the states and I think there is a company you can pay to check out the boat and organise all the freight. If I can find the name of the company I'll post it later.
khris
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Can def recomend the SN2001, but there is a mint one on trademe that was imported at the same time Ralph and I brought the battleship in. It has an x air tower on it, but if you decide to import one I think adam still has one of those towers left and they were great! and the wake is wicked!!! really liked that boat.

Check out www.usedboats.com and www.onlyinboards.com for getting boats out of the states and I think there is a company you can pay to check out the boat and organise all the freight. If I can find the name of the company I'll post it later.
phat az
Back Roll
Back Roll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring in boats from the states is easy but getting things shipped around to the ports is where the cost is,
Jamie
Half Cab
Half Cab

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure about duties etc (as both those boats are classed as ski boats) but you probably have to factor in adding GST to anything you import too. In saying that the NZD is pretty good right now so you might get a bargain.
Big Bottom Boat and Girls
Back Roll
Back Roll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

As long as your shipping agent puts a concession 99 on the import under the category of "Competition Ski Boat" there is no duty.

You pay purchase price, add shipping costs, then pay gst on the total.
Ralph!
Frontside 900
Frontside 900

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get the star roll on roll off or by container? How much was the shipping?

- TEAM SANGER -
andeman
Ole
Ole

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great stuff here, especially concession 99 (thanks big bottom boat & girls). Ralph not sure about shipping got any suggestions as most shipping companies seem to push RORO, I thought a container would give me the option of bringing some fat sacs over.

(more suggestions welcome as still a work in progress)

Cheers to all

Andy
phat az
Back Roll
Back Roll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive done a few now for frineds and roro is not the way to go as the cost is big, kiwishipping look them up. put all your crap in the boat and say it came with it other wise you will pay gst for that too.

make sure the boat is no bigger than 95 and in the container she goes.

Back Roll
Back Roll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonny knows where it's at.
Kiwishipping is the way to go and get a boat that fits through the container doors is almost a must.

Shipping is dirt cheap really, I paid $1600 USD, few additional costs here and there but Kiwiship will put a boat and 2 cars in a 40 foot container and split the cost.
Roll on roll off is way up there in cost compared.

X-Star came in a container, picked up from Auckland Mainfreight as that's who kiwiship use for there agency/kiwiship is part of mainfreight.
Anybody wants the details PM me, think I sent you one already andeman.
Was quoted $500 USD for pick up.

http://jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cpboat&itm=supreme&loc=&fil=v208&ys=&ye=

Ok who loves me now mofo's... the link above is a scavange engine that checks Craigslist, Ebay and all the regional advertising posts for boats online, it's the SHIT !
So find your boat and save some money.
(I've been checking weekly to see if I could have got a better deal in the US but fark did I score a minter).
GZA
Ole
Ole

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I also add, do some decent reasearch before you commit to a boat. 2001's are getting pretty old now, and they are constructed with wooden stringers - these can rot causing expensive repairs (nautiques were built with full glas construction from '93).
Definatly pay somebody to check it out.

correctcraftfan.com has plenty of info for the older nautiques, i'm sure there are other comparable sites for other brands.
Back Roll
Back Roll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair this exercise does carry an element of risk involved.
If you buy the worng boat and it doesn't run or it's being sold for a reason that's not genuine you may have flushed tens of thousands.

There will always be issues to deal with immediatly on pickup and unless your a do it yourself kind of person you could find it's a real handful:

1. Trailer brakes are US wired and have to be jimmyed to work or you won't be reversing when you pick it up.
2. Trailer lights will have to be rewired and if you replace the existing factory lights with NZ new LED's you could be up for hunders. This is not a stright forward job just ask Ralph.
3. It's never going to come in clean and in the same nic it was dropped off at the shipper in, mostly due to MAF (mo'fo's who stomp all over your upholstery with there Doc Martin boots and laugh about it) and it sitting in a dusty collection yard.

To be fair to the NZ boat agents there are people out there making a living off taking these kind of issue's and risks away from you, it depends on how handy you are and how dirty you want to get those hands.
If you buy the wrong boat sight unseen you could be blazing good money.
Sun damage and upholstery tears often don't show up in the online pictures as do hull cracks and faulty engines.

Roll the dice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wake.co.nz Forum Index -> The Boat Shed All times are GMT + 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: